Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back in Action

I'm finally back into a position where I can enjoy fishing and exploring the country again. I have set aside at least one day per week on my new schedule to trek and fish. Above is a small Yamame Trout that I caught a few days ago on a day excursion to Minmaya on the Tsugaru Peninsula. It was a good trip as I caught and released several small trout, and had a great time back in the keiryu (gorge). I have also heard through the grapevine that there is a particular port in this area that is famous for Soi, Kurodai and Madai (Black Rockfish, Black Seabream and Red Seabream). The main challenge being the Kurodai which I have never attempted to harvest. One interesting point to my Minmaya excursion included fishing on top of the Seikan Tunnel, which is the largest tunnel in the world. I have traveled through the tunnel on a few occasions to get to Hokaido.

No comments:

Post a Comment