Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Fishing and Field Trip






I was able to round up a hand-full of trout this weekend, and all-in-all had a pretty successful excursion. I fished a large stream for about 2 hours and came up empty handed. I decided to get a little deeper in the brush and fish a smaller stream with no parallel road access, which paid off. The Iwana shown above was my catch of the day. I had to tie up a short leader and weave it over a fallen tree to reach the spot.

I was in clear view of the Aomori Alps and decided to stop and take the above picture. As we've had a chilly spring, there's a lot of melting snow on the peaks creating some rapid moving stream water.


The following day, the wife and I decided to take a trip to Sukayu Onsen in the Hakkodas. The smaller baths have been re-modelled and are very nice. I had the one shown above all to myself for about an hour.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you blogging again. Nice iwana, and the onsen looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Iwana! and beautiful mountain!
    I hope take onsen at renewal Sukayu.
    Looks great and imagine nice fragrance of tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete